Holidays are as follows:
1. Every Sunday.
2. The first day of January, which is New Year’s Day.
3. The third Monday of January, which is Martin Luther King Day, in recognition of the life, legacy, and dream of Martin Luther King, Jr.
4. The third Monday in February, in recognition of the birthday of George Washington.
5. The Friday next preceding Easter Sunday and commonly known as Good Friday.
6. The last Monday in May, which is Memorial Day.
7. The fourth day of July, which is the anniversary of the Declaration of Independence.
8. The first Monday in September, which is Labor Day.
9. The eleventh day of November, which is Veterans’ Day.
10. The fourth Thursday in November, which is Thanksgiving Day.
11. The twenty-fifth day of December, which is Christmas Day.
12. Every day appointed by the President of the United States or by the governor of this state for a public holiday.
N.D. Cent. Code, § 1-03-01